“Approximately 22 Veterans Commit Suicide Every Day… Itʼs Time to Talk.”
In 2012 the Department of Veterans Affairs released a report stating approximately 22 veterans die per day from suicide. In response to this alarming statistic, we developed the Veteran Reintegration & Alternative Therapy Education Program.
This program consists of three-hour workshops designed to educate transitioning servicemembers, veterans, friends of veterans and their family members. Taught by instructors who have first-hand experience, this is our unique forum of peer-to-peer counseling.
Our goal is to educate as many people as possible so we can create awareness to lower the 22 veteran lives lost each day due to suicide.
V.R.A.P. – “Letʼs Talk” Curriculum
2. Reintegration Impact on Families
3. Identifying Signs of Depression
4. Understanding PTSD, MST, TBI
5. Understanding Alternative Therapy
6. The Power of Sharing Your Story
7. Advocating for Your Health
8. Peer Support Options
9. Supporting the Veteran Community