SDP Grant Guidelines and Application Process
The Stop, Drop and Push Campaign offers financial grants to Veterans that are seeking alternative/holistic therapy as part of their healing journey and cannot participate due to financial hardships.
We specifically assist with the cost of lodging, transportation, meals and specific equipment required to participate in an alternative/holistic therapy program.
Veterans are eligible to apply once per year.
Note: The SDP grant program awards are based upon available funds.
- Please allow at least 60 days between application submission and program start date each year.
- You will receive an email notification that your application has been received.
- Only one application per Veteran will be considered.
- Veterans may apply once per year with a maximum request up to $2,000.
- The SDP Committee will review all applications.
- You may receive a call during this period if additional information is needed. More information or documentation may be required in order to process the application.
- Applicants will be notified on approval or disapproval of their application. Please allow 2-4 weeks to process your application.
What Can the Grant Money be Used For?
- Transportation – this can be airfare, car rental fees or gas cards.
- Lodging – if a hotel stay is necessary, the SDP program may cover the cost of hotel to include taxes. No additional room expenses (re: room service) are covered by the grant.
- Kenneling for pets – if you are needing a safe place for your pets to stay while you attend a program, we will pay the pet kenneling business directly for the cost of caring for your pets.
How are Applications Evaluated?
All eligible applications will be evaluated by the SDP Committee. Number of grants awarded and grant amounts are based on funds raised in the previous year. We raise funds through our local chapters, national fundraiser events, and private and corporate donations.
What if my Application is Turned Down?
When reviewing applications, the SDP Committee is assessing the financial need of the applicant as well as program funds available. If your application is not approved this time, try again!
What if I am Requesting a Grant for a Program that is not in the Provider Network?
No problem, we will need to properly vet the program, which may take additional time when making a decision. We encourage you to have the program you are interested in apply to be added to our Provider Network. There is no fee for them to apply and once approved, there is no fee to be added to our national database.